|34 weeks with 6 to go - baby #3, yes i know what causes it, no I don't know that we're done for sure :)|
I love being pregnant. My experiences have granted me the comments of the public that I will now share with you. Well meaning citizens of our great state (and beyond really) that feel the compulsive need to say something to me while pregnant.....
* Don't you know what causes that? - one of my favorites. No - I'm completely clueless. Please let's sit down and you explain it to me! I mean really? I'm a 27 year old adult.
* Is that twins? - nope just one. Why is everyone so shocked that my 5 foot 1 inch frame doesn't hide a baby like I didn't know I was pregnant? I especially love the follow up question "are you sure?" - No actually I'm not - I was at the ultrasound but actually left before you got there - whoops!
* When are you due? (this is made better with the addition of an audible and shocking face as if you've seen something horrific) - I mean seriously? I'm the one who pees my pants when I sneeze - why does it effect you so much to know that I have x amount of time left?
* To follow the previous when are you due is the "no way you'll make it that long." - Though meant to be encouraging (I at least tell myself) this cracks me up. I want to say really? I went 57 weeks with my 1st one and 72 with my 2nd. I love this one because it's said with such certainty. My doctor (who I assume actually attended medical school) thinks I'll make it to very close to my due date!
* This latest one recently happened. I will preface by saying I'm torn between hating this guy and him being my best friend. Random guy at lowes says..... "Sis....you should've danced all night." - This comment actually is hilarious. Shocking only because it was said to me by a man who looked to not be a dirt bag, mid 50's, and COMPLETE STRANGER! Thank you for your personal opinion on the events that lead up to this babies conception! (But according to #1 - I have no idea what causes this condition!)
* I only gained (insert an amount WAY less than me) when I was pregnant. - Congratulations on starving yourself while you're trying to produce a human being! I don't care! I spent many years crying and being frustrated because one of my friends eats M&Ms and drinks cokes and is TINY and was wearing her pre-baby pants like 15 minutes after she got home. I well - don't work like that. If I've learned one thing it's that everyone is different, pregnancies take a different tole on our bodies and thank you for pointing out that you think you're awesome. I've got a gold star for you!
* You're done now aren't you????? (with a shocked and persistent tone) - ummm does it matter to you who I will never see again? I am having 3 - when I'm on the TODAY show announcing that I'm having my 87th kid then you can speak to me about this. (and I love the Duggars by the way!)
* Is this your first? Followed by the look like I'm standing on the street corner in my fishnets when I mention no...it's my 3rd. - I mean for real. Again with none of your business. I had my 1st a year and a half AFTER I was married to my husband, who coincidentally I happen to STILL be married to and who is the baby daddy to ALL of the kids. So what's with the judging judgy judgerton?